Re: Which license am I looking for?

Дмитрий Ледков <dmitrij.ledkov@gmail.com> writes:

> Francesco Poli wrote:
> > [...]
> > Same disclaimers as before: IANAL, TINLA, IANADD, TINASOTODP.
>
> Erhhhmm..... What do these stand for? I can only guess IANADD from
> mentors list - does it stand for I am not a Debian Developer? What
> about the others?

For reasons I've never seen adequately explained, some people feel the
need to periodically chastise Francesco for giving opinions and
analyses without explicating every single time that “I Am Not A
Lawyer”, “This Is Not Legal Advice”, “I Am Not A Debian Developer”,
“This Is Not A Statement Of The Official Debian Position”.

He apparently finds it best to include these disclaimers to forestall
such ire. Which is a perfectly valid position for him to take, given
the persistence of said ire, and its peculiar tendency to be directed
at him in particular.

Myself, I think it's ludicrous for others to expect one's every
opinion to be couched in such stuff, and I just say what I have to
say, with whatever justification I have for it, and people can judge
that on its merits. There are too many disclaimers and warning labels
in our lives as it is.

--
 \      “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his |
  `\   salary depends upon his not understanding it.” —Upton Sinclair, |