Re: Which license am I looking for?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 09:26:20AM +0000, Дмитрий Ледков wrote:
> Francesco Poli wrote:
> > In other words, you want to maximize compatibility with other copyleft
> > licenses and still have a copyleft license...
> > I think these two requirements are _very_ hard to satisfy at the same
> > time; it could be that they are actually incompatible with each other.
>
> Maybe something like "copyleft-ed" BSD license. Eg. standard two
> clauses, and an additional clause about enforcing source redistribution
> of your software even if it is part of a larger project (open-sourced or
> not).

I would prefer not to add to license proliferation. In case I have to, I
currently favor something based on OSL. The reason being, that I am not
skilled enough to formulate additional clauses, whereas removing some is
not so hard.

> > Same disclaimers as before: IANAL, TINLA, IANADD, TINASOTODP.
>
> Erhhhmm..... What do these stand for? I can only guess IANADD from
> mentors list - does it stand for I am not a Debian Developer? What about
> the others?

My understanding of Francesco's disclaimers:
IANAL: I am not a lawyer
TINLA: This is not law advice
IANADD: I am not a Debian Developer
TINASOTODP: This is not a (something) of the official Debian project

I might be wrong, though.

Best regards,

  Mark Weyer