Re: Which license am I looking for?

Francesco Poli wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:27:16 +0100 Mark Weyer wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>
> You're welcome!  :)
>
>> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 05:43:05PM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
> [...]
> In other words, you want to maximize compatibility with other copyleft
> licenses and still have a copyleft license...
> I think these two requirements are _very_ hard to satisfy at the same
> time; it could be that they are actually incompatible with each other.

Maybe something like "copyleft-ed" BSD license. Eg. standard two
clauses, and an additional clause about enforcing source redistribution
of your software even if it is part of a larger project (open-sourced or
not).

> [...]
> The GNU GPL is not far from being such a license: it talks all the way
> about a "Program", but defines this term as "any program or other
> work" (GPLv2, Section 0.) or as "any copyrightable work" (GPLv3,
> Section 0.).
> Hence you may think "Work" whenever you read "Program" in the GPL text.

Didn't know that. I thought the whole push for Artistic and CC licenses
were that all the other licenses (including GPL) were all about software.

> [...]
> Same disclaimers as before: IANAL, TINLA, IANADD, TINASOTODP.

Erhhhmm..... What do these stand for? I can only guess IANADD from
mentors list - does it stand for I am not a Debian Developer? What about
the others?