Re: distributing precompiled binaries

In message <[🔎] 49d496cc.YviEHl9RQVHOmmxS%mjr@phonecoop.coop>, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes
So where did the above "PDF and PS are programming languages" argument
come from?  References, please!

No references, sorry, but I certainly got the impression from the books I had years ago (PostScript reference manuals) that PostScript was meant as a programming language.

iirc it's an rpn notation that is actually very similar to Forth, which definitely is a programming language.

It's merely a strange, domain-specific language the purpose of which is to describe and lay out a page of paper, but presumably no different from (if I've got the right language) VHDL which is used to lay out a printed circuit board. And both of them are in some cases written in directly by their practitioners, and in other cases are generated by program generators.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk