Re: smssend - GPLv2 without SSL exception - Rewrite the code, joung Padawan.

Le lundi 9 février 2009 15:22:01 Simon Josefsson, vous avez écrit :
> Yes, although looking at the code in skyutils2, it seems its only use of
> openssl is to download web pages or something like that.  Can't you use
> libcurl instead?  That might be a better abstraction level.  However I
> didn't look closely at the code, so it may be doing something that
> libcurl cannot.
>
> /Simon

Hi again,

for the record : it took me one hour to write a bash script that does exactly
what smssend + its configfile did (with curl as you proposed).

I think that in one week of bash scripting, I would be able to parse the *.sms
smssend configfiles in a backwards compatible way and produce a new tool, based
on curl, that fully replaces smssend (and skyutils2).

The conclusion to the story is : don't mess with the licences and rewrite the
code with the right tools !

Best regards,

OdyX

N.B. Many thanks for your enlightened piece of advice Simon !
--
Didier Raboud, proud Debian user.
CH-1802 Corseaux