Re: URLs for BSD licenses

Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it> writes:

> I've been missing a good (and stable) URL for the 3-clause BSD
> license, since http://www.gnu.org/licenses/info/BSD_3Clause.html
> stopped working (it now redirects to a list of projects licensed
> under 3-clause BSD, as known to the FSF software directory...).
>
> Does anyone know a good (and stable) URL for the 2-clause BSD
> license?

I was going to suggest opensource.org URLs, but their list of licenses
is selective only for licenses that “have been approved by the OSI
via the License Review Process.”

That apparently doesn't include the full set of BSD-style licenses; at
least, it hasn't resulted in those licenses being online for simple
examination. <URL:http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php>
lists a single “template” and recommends the reader to customise it
with various substitutions and omissions.

--
 \       “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think |
  `\        so, Brain, but I can't memorize a whole opera in Yiddish.” |