Re: RFC: licence of ITP: s3sync-ruby

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> * MJ Ray:
> > 3. is the licence any obstacle to meeting DFSG?
> It doesn't mention the act of running the program or using it.
> Or does this activity fall under "display"?

The licence does mention using it, in "Your use of this software code
is at your own risk ...", so I doubt we can include it in "display".

If S3.rb is from
(which it looks like at first glance in the tarball) then it claims to
be "New BSD" which seems very untrue, comparing the S3.rb licence to

Anyone got a good contact for relicensing at Amazon Data Services Inc?
If not, I'll try the EricW@AWS link on the above page next time I