Re: Non free license?

Il giorno sab, 20/12/2008 alle 08.50 -0800, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
> Hi Pietro,
>
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 08:32:32AM +0100, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> > I'm interested in packaging Shapely, a python library [0].
>
> > [...]
>
> > Could you confirm this license is OK with debian?
>
> > [1]: http://svn.gispython.org/svn/gispy/Shapely/trunk/LICENSE.txt
>
> It is recommended that you include license texts verbatim in your mail to
> debian-legal, so it's clear that everyone is commenting on the same text.

OK

>   Copyright (c) 2007, Sean C. Gillies
>   All rights reserved.
>
>   [...]
> Yes, this is a normal 3-clause BSD license, with the standard author name
> substitution, and is perfectly acceptable for Debian main.

Great, thanks for the info.

> There should have been a reject email sent by the ftpmasters in response to
> this upload, if it was rejected out of the NEW queue.  Perhaps it was sent
> to your sponsor?

I was not the maintainer that prepared that package: I know who he is,
but it's been 2 weeks I wrote him and didn't get an answer; I don't know
who was his sponsor (I even asked to ftp-masters but, again, no
response).

Anyway, never mind, if the license is OK there shouldn't be really big
problems, so I repackaged from scratch and hope that the stopper for the
former try was only the missing ITP bug.

Pietro Battiston