Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

2008/9/3 Don Armstrong <don@debian.org>:
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>> You don't have to give source to every user of your software, only
>> to those who ask.
>
> The GPL allows us to provide equivalent access to the source as we do
> to the binaries,

And doesn't the AGPL too? Both the program and the source over the network?

> The AGPL requires access to source to occur at the time of use, which
> is more difficult.

Why? You just have to put a link somewhere "source here". It doesn't
have to be available from the same location as the program, same
server, same nothing. You just have to "prominently offer an
opportunity," and "a network server", emphasis on the indefinite
article. It's the equivalent of a splash screen in a GPL program that
says where the program's homepage is for downloading the source. GPLed
programs already have a requirement to prominently make certain
announcements too, such as announcing that it's free software under
the GPL.

- Jordi G. H.