Re: Public Domain for Germans

jfr.fg@freenet.de writes:

> >If you have the option to decide on a license, it's probably far
> >simpler to *retain* copyright as per default, and grant the
> >recipient a do-just-about-anything license like the Expat license
>
> Is there any problem with the by default Public Domain Declaration,
> if there is a free licence as fallback?

I don't know of any “default Public Domain Declaration”. There are
countless variations, with none of them being common enough IME to
warrant “default”.

Why have the free license as fallback? I advise you to simplify: Work
*with* the fact that you've got copyright, and license the work
accordingly.

--
 \         “If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all |
  `\    others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking |