Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
This is an appeal to authority: who drafted the license terms, and who
has okayed them, doesn't have any impact on the facts about the
effects of the license terms on a work. We're trying to determine the
effect of the license terms when applied to a work, regardless of who
wrote the license.

It was not intended an appeal to authority, rather pointing out the severity of this discussion.

This group's earlier declairation that the GNU FDL is non-free caused a rift in the community.  Further declaring the AGPLv3 DSFG non-free would widen that rift and, as this is a software license, will alienate an even larger segment of the free software community from the Debian project.  This divide is troubling and the only reason why I resubscribed.