Re: ITP: debian-backports-keyring -- GnuPG archive key of the backports.org repository

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:16:28 +0200 Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> On 11424 March 1977, Francesco Poli wrote:
>
> > Important disclaimers: IANAL, TINLA, IANADD, TINASOTODP.
>
> Those are *totally* and absolutely unimportant and a waste to write.
> Could people please stop always writing them, its fairly clear by itself
> that debian-legal does NOT do any lawyers work (and whatever else people
> put into that crap). Its also absolutely unimportant if someone is a DD
> or not, it doesnt matter at all, as people are writing their own opinion
> about $stuff on the list, not that of Debian.

I *used* to think that those disclaimers are implicit in most cases.

But then, I was harshly accused of not making it clear enough that
I am neither a lawyer, nor a Debian developer, that I'm not providing
legal advice, and that I don't speak on behalf of the Debian Project.
Other people were similarly attacked for the same reason.

As a consequence I began adding the disclaimers to my messages, in
order to explicitly remind readers about the above facts.

Now, you say that those disclaimers are a waste of time...

I'm really puzzled.

--
 http://frx.netsons.org/doc/index.html#nanodocs
 The nano-document series is here!