Re: Do web applications disable GPL obligations?

"Måns Rullgård-3" writes:
>"M. Tyler" <mtyler70@yahoo.com> writes:

>> I don't see how icons are affected by the GPL,
>> because the GPL deals with source code and binary program code, not with
>> media files.

>This is a (common) misconception.  The conditions of the GPL can be
>applied to anything, not just program code.

Sorry, but I don't understand what this implies. Our friendly customer, who
modified the code, who published icons and other binaries, refuses to open
the modifications. He has currently disabled the java code, but we still
find our graphics on his website.
Can we force him on this grounds to publish the source of all modifications?
Or can he pretend that the icons form a single new work, so that he only has
to publish them together with the unmodified work which we delivered to him?

M. Tyler