Re: Questions about liblouis

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:40:39PM +0000, John Halton wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 02:29:05PM -0800, Eitan Isaacson wrote:
> > 3. The translation tables that are read at run-time are considered
> > part of this code and are under the terms of the GPL. Any changes to
> > these tables and any additional tables that are created for use by
> > this code must be made publicly available.
> This fails the "desert island test", and so the package is non-free.

I think you're mistaken. You can scratch the tables in a rock on
your desert island, with the scratchings facing the sky, and you're
done. They're publically available at that point, whether or not the
satellite images on Google maps have fine enough resolution, or there's
a ship that comes by to visit: it's possible for either to happen,
and you're allowing it, and that's all that's required.

Cheers,
aj