Re: Logo trademark license vs. copyright license

Hello Steve and *,

Am 2007-04-18 03:39:58, schrieb Steve Langasek:
> Er, businesses selling t-shirts using the official debian logo is *not*
> permitted.  Currently, the manner in which this is being disallowed is
> suboptimal, but it's still not something that we *permit*.  (Perhaps what
> you're suggesting is that t-shirt manufacturers don't have to get permission
> because we have a mark in the field of computers/software, not in the field
> of clothing; but if what's being sold is Debian-related clothing, it's still
> the Debian mark that's being used, and it is infringement that we have
> standing to prevent.)

Now I am a little bit confused, since if Debian does not permit the use
of the Logo, why does some/many shops sell Coffe-Mugs and T-Shirts with
Debian Logo and phrases related to Debian?

> Further, it's up to *Debian* to decide what uses of the logo reflect badly
> on it and consequently should be disallowed because we don't wish to be
> associated with them.  Your above statement includes an implicit value
> judgement about which sorts of activities Debian will or will not wish to be
> associated with, which may not be at all representative of the views of the
> project members at large.

Unfortunatly you can use Logos anzthing you like in Germany...

The is a Product called "Dasch Ultra" and it was transformed to "Hash Ultra"
:-)  , Henkel, the Manufacturer of this Soap has lost the juridical
procedure...  Even if the Graphical Logo was trademaked

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)