Re: inappropriate use of Debian Official Use Logo

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> >Please can someone explain to me how this use of the official logo
> >doesn't satisfy the licence?  [...]
>
> The current "Official Use Logo" license is quite unfree: it requires, in part:
>
> "This logo may only be used if:...
>     * official approval is given by Debian for its use in this purpose"
>
> Which pretty much covers it.
>
> Now, whether that's a reasonable license is another matter....

There should be an 'or' between the two parts of 1 - see
http://www.debian.org/vote/1999/vote_0002
It seems Darren Benham (gecko) didn't copy the 'or' as I can't see any
other reason that it is missing.  Should I correct that?

Does the use of the logo satisfy 'the product it is used for is made
using a documented procedure as published on www.debian.org (for example
official CD-creation)'?  It looks like hinner.de is selling official CDs.

Thanks,
--
MJR/slef