Re: creative commons

On 01/12/07 09:27, Francesco Poli wrote:

>> Even though the existence of an optional clause (like NC) appears to
>> contradict the DFSG in situations we can imagine, that does not rule
>> out it's use will always contradict the DFSG for every case.
>
> I think it will: it forbids selling the work (fails DFSG#1) and
> discriminates against a field of endeavor (fails DFSG#6).

I agree with what you say here. My argument is based on the fact that
those rules are _guidelines_ and sometimes there are exceptions. Maybe
we disagree that there can ever be valid exceptions?

>> I hope the above is a bit clearer?
>
> Only a bit, not much, unfortunately...  :(

I'm optimistic we'll reach a better understanding. Then again I tend
to be optimistic about a lot of stuff. :)

Jeff