Re: creative commons

On 01/11/07 06:42, Terry Hancock wrote:

>> | That's good, I'm not convinced that CC in any form isn't DFSG. :)

> I agree with you that NC and ND content violates DFSG.

Sorry, I had difficulty making my position clear.

Even though the existence of an optional clause (like NC) appears to
contradict the DFSG in situations we can imagine, that does not rule
out it's use will always contradict the DFSG for every case.

It's a good idea to ask and raise this concern with CC (as has been
throughly done). If they keep the clause in future licenses I'll be
interested to see who ends up using it and why. We aren't oracles that
can foresee the future!

I hope the above is a bit clearer?
Jeff