Re: creative commons

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 09:42:49PM -0800, Jeff Carr wrote:
> On 01/09/07 09:16, Francesco Poli wrote:

> > Please do _not_ reply to my personal e-mail address, while Cc:ing the
> > list address, as I didn't ask you to do so.
> > Please follow the code of conduct on Debian lists:
> > Thanks.

> I got annoyed as to why email always shows up in the To: subject when
> I reply and I think it's because your email client doesn't set:

> Can you give that a try?

That's not how M-F-T is supposed to work.  M-F-T is for specifying an
*alternative* to the list address when doing a list reply.  If Thunderbird
is using it for something else, then Thunderbird has a bug.

<cue the apologists who defend thunderbird's right to fuck up any hope of
header standardization by being deliberately incompatible with the existing
widespread semantics>

(Hmm, why does debian-legal have so many more active posters than any other
list I'm on who don't get M-F-T?)