Re: Final text of AGPL v3

Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> wrote: [...]
> I modify it (say to remove the capability of getting source code) and run it
> on my own computer, allowing remote users to interact with it. Assuming the
> output sent to the users is *not* a derived work (e.g. no AGPLv3 HTML
> templates, etc), there is no reason why I need any copyright license at
> all. Thus, I don't need to provide source code to my users.

Is that given by any international treaties, or does it depend on local laws?

I'm not 100% sure (been on the mulled wine again), but I think even if
I don't distribute any of the bits, I need either a copyright licence
or to be covered by one of the blanket permissions in my local laws -
which are rather narrow.  I'm not confident that I would be covered if
I let remote users interact with it as above.

So I still think the AGPL3 is a bug.

Season's greetings,
--
MJR/slef