Re: JOGL in Debian

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 10:33:14PM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
> Are you implying you have any evidence that the GNU GPL v2 is
> *incompatible* with french law?!?

I gather that one reason for some of the changes in GPL v2 (in
particular the change from "distribute" to "propogate/convey") was to
address concerns over how GPL v2 would be interpreted under French
law, where "distribute" has (I gather) a very specific meaning.

That said, I agree with you on avoiding licence proliferation.

John

(TINLA)