Re: Ogre demos distribution

"Andres Mejia" <mcitadel@gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/19/07, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> > But hopefully, the copyright holder will clarify the statement.
>
> The Ogre project lead had this to say.
>
> "'Use' is meant to mean 'do anything with'. Copy, modify, distribute,
> eat, worship, paint in large letters on the side of a subway train.
> Whatever."
> http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=252541#252541

Excellent. With the above (correctly attributed to the specific
person) in the 'debian/copyright' file, I'd say that's explicit
enough.

It would be much simpler, of course, if they would release the
software again with these permissions explicitly worded in the license
terms. Until then, including the license terms plus the clarifying
statement in the 'debian/copyright' would be a sufficient stop-gap.

--
 \     "I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury."  -- |
  `\                                                      Groucho Marx |