Re: Anti-TPM clauses

Olive wrote:

The persons who are entitled to take a decision (i.e. the ftp masters) have decided that CC-BY-SA is free. Many people here say that something is not suitable for main even though it has already been decided otherwise by the persons entitled to take the decision. They mistake their wishes for the reality and/or try to gain powers that they have not. If it continues this way; the answers given on this list might just be disregarded. It just the opinion of a small group of people which have nothing to do with Debian but who dream they are a jury of some court.

Though I agree with the FTP-masters that CC-3.0-BY(-SA) are free, I feel your words are somewhat unjustifiably harsh. Everyone is entitled to his say. Everyone has his own interpretation. Stating such an interpretation does not constitute dreaming of power. Nobody is trying to gain any powers here.

As for this list being disregarded, this list exists for the purpose of discussion. If anyone did not have a right to voice their opinions on an on-topic subject in a friendly manner, the purpose of this list would be defeated, IMO. On a lighter note, I could say that it would make this list conflict with DFSG #5.

BTW did anyone ever visit www.dfsg.org ? (Even lighter note.)

Have a nice day, everyone.

Shriramana Sharma.