Re: trilinos license

> Should be clarified: there's no license by that name (they most likely
> mean the "GNU Lesser General Public License"), and must specify which
> version applies. The package source from upstream should include a
> copy of the license text, so check which version that is.
>
> This clarification should *not* be done without acknowledgement from
> the copyright holder; nobody else has the right to change a copyright
> notice.

OK, the files in the archive contain the license below, so it's LGPL,
so it should be fine.

> > Trilinos is copyrighted by Sandia Corporation. Under the terms of
> > Contract DE-AC04- 94AL85000, there is a non-exclusive license for
> > use of this work by or on behalf of the U.S.  Government. Export of
> > this program may require a license from the United States
> > Government.
>
> I'll leave it to others more versed in US export law to say whether
> this affects Debian for this work.

The actual license in the files in the archive doesn't mention the
exporting law. So, what exactly should I ask the authors? To clarify,
that the license below is the valid license, that applies to all files
in the archive?

Ondrej

// ***********************************************************************
//
//                 Anasazi: Block Eigensolvers Package
//                 Copyright (2004) Sandia Corporation
//
// Under terms of Contract DE-AC04-94AL85000, there is a non-exclusive
// license for use of this work by or on behalf of the U.S. Government.
//
// This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
// it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as
// published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the
// License, or (at your option) any later version.
//
// This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
// WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
// Lesser General Public License for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
// License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
// Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307
// USA
// Questions? Contact Michael A. Heroux (maherou@sandia.gov)
//