Re: trilinos license

"Ondrej Certik" <ondrej@certik.cz> writes:

> however, the license says:
>
> Trilinos is released under the Lesser GPL GNU Licence.

Should be clarified: there's no license by that name (they most likely
mean the "GNU Lesser General Public License"), and must specify which
version applies. The package source from upstream should include a
copy of the license text, so check which version that is.

This clarification should *not* be done without acknowledgement from
the copyright holder; nobody else has the right to change a copyright
notice.

> Trilinos is copyrighted by Sandia Corporation. Under the terms of
> Contract DE-AC04- 94AL85000, there is a non-exclusive license for
> use of this work by or on behalf of the U.S.  Government. Export of
> this program may require a license from the United States
> Government.

I'll leave it to others more versed in US export law to say whether
this affects Debian for this work.

--
 \       "They can not take away our self respect if we do not give it |
  `\                                      to them."  -- Mahatma Gandhi |