Re: Copyright verification needed

On Friday 29 June 2007 00:36:43 Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le jeudi 28 juin 2007 à 10:24 +0200, Bruno Costacurta a écrit :
> > > AFAICS you can use it legally if you port it to GNUTLS.
> >
> > - the actual code implemented a strong separation layer between OpenSSL
> > and Qt (review of code can be made by independent party) thus licenses
> > should not be mixed in their interpretations.
>
> Regardless of the implementation, a resulting binary that requires both
> OpenSSL and Qt to work is considered a derived work from both, and is
> therefore not distributable.

Thanks to all for attention and follow up.
Unfortunately I come to the conclusion that this planned packaging will be
complicated regarding its licenses duties (porting to GnuTLS...etc..) and so
decide to abandon the creation of the ITP (Intend To Package).

Regards,
Bruno Costacurta

--
PGP key ID: 0x2e604d51