Re: Copyright verification needed

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 09:51:19 ajdlinux@gmail.com wrote:
> On 6/27/07, Bruno Costacurta <pubmb01@skynet.be> wrote:
> > Gentlemen, thanks a lot for your attention and discussion.
> >
> > Can we come to a conclusion ?
> > Shall I simply abandon at this stage any plan to package this application
> > ? Should I continue to prepare and create an ITP (Intend To Package) to
> > enter in
> > an official package consideration ?
>
> AFAICS you can use it legally if you port it to GNUTLS.

Hello,
porting to GnuTLS is something we'll avoid.

About the issues mentioned before,  I can answer and propose :

- the actual code implemented a strong separation layer between OpenSSL and Qt
(review of code can be made by independent party) thus licenses should not be
mixed in their interpretations.

- current license / copyright might be adapted (meaning 'enforced and
clarified', not 'relaxed') to answer concerns.

Best Regards,
Bruno Costacurta

--
PGP key ID: 0x2e604d51