Re: Copyright verification needed

On 6/28/07, Bruno Costacurta <pubmb01@skynet.be> wrote:
Hello,
porting to GnuTLS is something we'll avoid.

About the issues mentioned before,  I can answer and propose :

- the actual code implemented a strong separation layer between OpenSSL and
Qt
(review of code can be made by independent party) thus licenses should not
be
mixed in their interpretations.

Well, if the FSF is right in their interpretation, this isn't enough.
As long as a GPL library is linked to anything else, the GPL requires
that the whole lot be GPL. OpenSSL is not GPL compatible.

- current license / copyright might be adapted (meaning 'enforced and
clarified', not 'relaxed') to answer concerns.

What do you mean?

--
Andrew Donnellan <><
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)