DPL's view of debian-legal (was: Debian Trademarks Summary)

> It's likewise nice to see we're back to "-legal" not being a mailing
> list, but an unconstituted advisory body that manages to be a
> responsible body, somehow.
>
> Yeesh.

The distinction above is clearly being made for sarcastic purpose. I
still don't understand it, though.

Can you please, as DPL, explain what point is being made here? Outside
the context of this discussion about trademarks.

What do *you*, as DPL, think debian-legal should be, and how is it
currently different to that ideal?

--
 \         "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the |
  `\                                            best."  -- Oscar Wilde |