Re: Copyright verification needed

On 6/24/07, Bruno Costacurta <pubmb01@skynet.be> wrote:
Hello,

I'm preparing an ITP (Intend To Package) as a newbie regarding Debian
packaging. About the source (for the ITP) I'm not the developer and simply
reproduced the copyright I found with source code.
Could you please check the attached copyright file and its respect to Debian
rules about license / copyright ?
The template of the file was created by dh_make tools and I manually
completed
needed fields.

It appears to be a standard 3-clause BSD license, which is fine,
however it also claims to link with OpenSSL and some stuff from
Trolltech.

OpenSSL is fine, however it is GPL incompatible, so if this software
is a library, you have to be careful.

The stuff from Trolltech is another matter though - they use the GPL
and the QPL I believe. If you use it under the GPL, then it can't link
to OpenSSL, and I believe the QPL is widely considered non-free.

--
Andrew Donnellan <><
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)