Re: Copyright verification needed

Le dimanche 24 juin 2007 à 09:30 +1000, ajdlinux@gmail.com a écrit :
> The stuff from Trolltech is another matter though - they use the GPL
> and the QPL I believe. If you use it under the GPL, then it can't link
> to OpenSSL, and I believe the QPL is widely considered non-free.

This is a bit more complicated. The QPL is DFSG-free, but only if you
don't apply section #6 - that is, if you consider the software based on
it as a modified version and not as an item linking to it. In which
case, it is a copyleft license, which is incompatible with both the GPL
and OpenSSL.

Practically speaking, if you link the software to OpenSSL you would have
to send any sources (including private ones) to the initial developer
upon request, while if you don't you just have to license it under a
license compatible with the QPL.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.