Re: legal question to a new package

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007, Christian Pinedo Zamalloa wrote:
> 1. Should I include *all* the authors listed in copyrights
> statements of all files of chessdb in debian/copyright? The main
> contributor are Shane (scid) and Krikby (chessdb) but other minor
> contributors are listed through all the source files of the program.
> The upstreamer's copyright file only lists Shane and Krikby and says
> that are other contributors and to kown them we should see the
> source files.

If it's possible to do so, yes. If not, then indicate that the number
of contributors is so large that it's not practicable to include them
all and that people should look at the source to see.

[The main reason why people should go through all of the contributors
is so that they check that files under incorrect licences haven't
suddenly snuck in.]

Don Armstrong

--
Miracles had become relative common-places since the advent of
entheogens; it now took very unusual circumstances to attract public