Re: Choosing a license for Frets on Fire songs

2007/3/28, Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com> wrote:
On 3/28/07, Matthew Johnson <debian@matthew.ath.cx> wrote:
> Yes that's the contract you have to sign to be part of Teosto (which you
> have
> to do if you ever want to make a living in Finland as a musician).

Ouch. As was indicated earlier this seems standard for all performance
rights organisations.

Does that include performance rights organizations in the United
States?  (I'm from Canada, and most of the pop music here is from U.S.
artists.)

Also, how about "podsafe" music (music liberally-enough licensed to be
included in podcasts)?  Are small "indie" artists who haven't entered
into contracts with such organizations the only ones who can release
music under "podsafe" licensing terms such as CC-BY-SA or CC-BY-NC-SA?

If so: Are there any interest groups who are run lobbying campaigns
against such strict rules?

Cheers,
Jason

Note: I am not sending a cc to 383316@bugs.debian.org this time.