Re: Choosing a license for Frets on Fire songs

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Jason Spiro wrote:
> 2007/3/27, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org>:
> >On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Jason Spiro wrote:
> >> Maybe if debian-legal or I wrote the license (I have never written a
> >> license before, but maybe I could modify the MIT license) we could
> >> get Teosto to agree on more liberal terms than we would get if
> >> Teosto wrote one?
> >
> >The following is what I would use if I were to license my own
> >compositions[1] for distribution in Debian:
> >
> I'm sure you realize Teosto would consider the BSD license far too
> liberal, and forbid it.

Well, it actually seems rather strange to me for an organization which
is designed to "protect" artists disallowing artists from determining
how their own works are licensed, so I'm trying to give them the
benifit of the doubt here.

> Seriously, do you think my idea of writing a license has merit?

No, because it wouldn't be acceptable for main, and they'd have to
review it anyway. [That said, it's your time, so do whatever you think
is best.]

Don Armstrong

--
If I had a letter, sealed it in a locked vault and hid the vault
somewhere in New York. Then told you to read the letter, thats not