Re: GFDL with no invariants/covers, is ok?

Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>
> | Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
> | under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or
> | any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
> | Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.
> `---
>
> Does it sound ok?

FDL 1.1 has never been approved for debian AFAIK.  Why aren't they using
the current version?  I'm slightly worried by that.  I guess 'or any
later version' lets you upgrade it in the package.

FDL 1.2 with no covers or invariants has been special-cased by
http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001
but I don't understand why.

> If not - what would be the best DFSG-free alternative license I should
> suggest to release documentation under?

I'd suggest the same licence as the rest of the software: that will make
it easiest to move things between program and manuals.

> P.S. Please CC me - I am not on the list.

Done.
--
MJR/slef