Re: Information about copyright

In message <[🔎] 6cf394cb0702200133y49dc752arc79ab013f23c4457@mail.gmail.com>, Frouin Jean-Michel <jmfrouin@gmail.com> writes
Hello, first I want to tell you that my english is broken ... so forgive me :)
I read many licenses but I am a bit confused now ...
I am looking for a GPL compatible license in order to wrote a debian
application but I want that my source code can be used for non GPL
usage (in order to help as many people as possible) if the coder include a
copyright like "some piece of code are from ..."
Can you help me in a choice ?
It seem BSD license to be the near my need.
Thanks for your help

Look at the LGPL. That may be closer to what you require.

Simply put, the LGPL says it is okay to mix with it with other code, provided you keep the LGPL source separate and provide that with the program.

It's a bit more complex than that, of course, but it allows your code to be near-as-dammit GPL, while allowing it to be mixed with other code.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anthony@thewolery.demon.co.uk