Re: conquer relicensing

Juan M. Mendez wrote:
> My doubt is, how this license transfering of the Adam Bryant code
> could affect the old code of version 4 of conquer released in 1988 in
> USENET, the one that Ed allowed me to relicense as Free Software.

That really depends on what Adam put in his contract with that
gaming company. It's really not very clear whether a unilateral
license can be revoked or superseded by a later agreement.

Given that unclarity, getting a piece of paper from Adam
with explicit permission seems to be the wisest course of action.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself