Re: [Debburn-devel] License of cdrkit - GPLv2 + additional restrictions

#include <hallo.h>
* MJ Ray [Fri, Sep 15 2006, 10:53:03PM]:
> Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:
> > I would like to ask you to give us some days to find a peacefull
> > solution without starting another flamewar. But, hey, you already did it
> > by Cc'ing debian-legal and so attracting the trolls ASAP. Very
> > diplomatic. NOT.
>
> If the above troll of debian-legal by calling its readers trolls succeeds
> in starting a flamewar, then it was merely a self-fulfilling prophecy.
> Not very diplomatic either.

That is not the thing said there. It only implies that this issue is
higly inflamable, and putting it on a wider mailing list is not a good
tactical move. And please don't tell me that there is not a single troll
on this list.

The OP could:

 - have looked through the logs
 - ask the maintainers directly about their opinion
 - repeat his question on the debburn-devel mailing list

Instead, he takes a snippet of my neutral answer from a different
thread, presents it in a slightly different context to create an
impression of some certain statement supporting his position and calls
the big brother (debian-legal) with that stuff immediately. _This_ is
disgusting, sorry.

Eduard.
--
Allein ist der Zustand, in dem sich jeder Nachdenkliche befindet.
		-- Helmar Nahr