Re: Software patents and Debian

Matthew Garrett wrote:

> Weakish Jiang <weakish@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If we should avoid  exporting cryptography out of the US when it was
>> illegal to do so, and put the code on a server outside the US, IMO, we
>> should avoid distribute patented software when it was illegal to do so,
>> and place the code on a server outside the US.
>
> You'd need a server in a jurisdiction without any patent law.

Or with a reasonable patent law.

Has anyone looked into (for instance) Brazilian patent law?  I know the EU
and the US are pretty much out.  Brazil has a strong free software
community and an essentially independent set of laws.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...