Re: Creative Commons 3.0 Public draft -- news and questions

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:25:31 +0200 Evan Prodromou wrote:

[...]
> Creative Commons did what we recommended here:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary
>
> That is, they limited the removal requirements only to authorship
> credits.
>
> I think the general consensus was that it's OK to request reasonable
> modifications to "metadata" like authorship credits, but not to
> request  modifications to the work itself.
>
> Considering that we think it's OK for the author to request to be
> /added/ to the authorship credits,

Let me understand this better, because I cannot remember having
discussed it before...

Is it OK for the author to request to be added to the credits even when
satisfying the request would cause the authorship credits to become
inaccurate?
Can I request to be added to the authorship credits of a work I took
really really little part in?
Can I do the same for a work I never contributed to in any manner?

> it seems strange to say that it's
> incompatible for them to request to be /removed /from the authorship
> credits.

This is an interesting line of reasoning, let's see where it brings us
to...

--
But it is also tradition that times *must* and always
do change, my friend.   -- from _Coming to America_