Re: Creative Commons 3.0 Public draft -- news and questions

Francesco Poli wrote:
Well, it prohibits an entire class of derivative works: the ones that
(accurately) credit the author of the original work!
As I said elsewhere: I can release an annotate version of a CC-licensed
novel, but I could be forbidden to accurately acknowledge the authorship
of the novel I comment on!
No, that's specifically something that you can do. We recommended that they only allow requesting a removal from authorship credits, not from anywhere in the book. So, if you took a novel I wrote and published an annotation called: "Wuthering Heights, from a neo-nazi Perspective", and put "by Francesco Poli and Evan Prodromou", I could reasonably ask to be removed from the authorship credits. However, within the book you could say, "What Evan means here is..." and "When Evan wrote this book..." and so on.
Don't you feel it's awkward?
I don't care about awkward. I care about DFSG-compatible.
I think that forcing modifiers to hide the origin of the work is
non-free.
I have to ask: you read the summary that we sent to CC several times and gave many helpful comments and suggestions. Did you not see the recommendation in the summary on this issue, or has your opinion changed since the summary came out?
Moreover, there's another aspect that concerns me: I'm compelled to
credit the author of the original work (see clause 4(d) of
CC-by-sa-nc-v3draft0808060) until I receive a request to purge such
credit.
Does this mean that I must take action upon request, even after the
derivative work has been released, and re-release a revised version?
What if I do not have enough time to do that?
My understanding is that "to the extent practicable" means that you don't have to do anything if it's going to be an extreme pain in the can. So, changing the author credit on a Web page, say, is practicable, but changing the credit on a broadcast TV show that already aired is not.

-Evan