Re: Creative Commons 3.0 Public draft -- news and questions

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 09:53:57PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 02:06:13 -0700 Steve Langasek wrote:

> > OTOH, if CC intends that this clause prevents ever making the Work
> > available on TPM-encumbered media (which I don't think is the
> > plain-text reading of this clause), I don't believe it's
> > DFSG-compliant.

> AFAICT, CC seems to interpret the clause this way, since the explicit
> parallel distribution proviso was *removed* because of strong opposition
> from many people at a CC summit...

AFAICT, you're speculating based on the same limited information that I have
at my disposal.  There are many reasons someone might object to such a
clause that *don't* contradict our goals, and I want to hear CC's own answer
to this question.