License of "vesamodes"-file in xorg-server source-package?

The file hw/xfree86/common/vesamodes in xorg-server[1] source-package
doesn't contain any kind of copyright or license statement, only this
text:

//
//  Default modes distilled from
//      "VESA and Industry Standards and Guide for Computer Display Monitor
//       Timing", version 1.0, revision 0.8, adopted September 17, 1998.
//
//  $XFree86: xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/vesamodes,v 1.3
1999/11/16 03:28:03 tsi Exp $

Does anyone know what copyright and/or license, if any, applies to this file?

The "copyright"-file of xorg-server includes a statement "XFree86 code
without an explicit copyright is covered by the following
copyright/license: ......" but I'm not sure if it applies to this
file, as this file isn't "XFree86 code" but a list of modelines.

I'm also a bit unsure about the fact that these modes have been taken
from some publication, but there is no mention of why it was allowed
to take them from that publication.

[1]http://packages.debian.org/testing/source/xorg-server

--
Markus Laire