Re: export to embargo countries

From previous discussions, I don't think *licenses* can prevent you to

Any pointers to previous discussions?

Don Armstrong answers this on this list the 06 Feb 2006 answered a similar question that I have posed.

US laws might prevent from doing this if you are a US citizen (or live

It think it even goes further i.e. I don't think this is limited to US
citizens. As I understand it, nobody (worldwide) is allowed to export
anything (free software and proprietary software) containing
encryption to the US embargo countries.

This does not make sense; US laws cannot apply to non-US citizens not living in the US whatever these laws contain. The only way it can be achieved is to have a United Nation embargo. There might be countries under UN-embargo (Irak was one, I do not have followed the recent development). For such countries export is prohibited (but not limited to encryption) worldwide but not for countries just under US embargo.

Olive