Re: Open Font License 1.1review2 - comments?

On 12/11/06 14:02, Nick Phillips wrote:
> On 12/12/2006, at 10:50 AM, Francesco Poli wrote:
>

>> The clarification from MJ Ray regarding DFSG#4 made me think that each
>> distinct copyright holder had a veto power on _one_ Font Name.
>> At least I hoped it was so, since if each copyright holder can reserve
>> an arbitrary list of Font Names, the restriction can easily grow up to
>> the level it makes finding a non-reserved name nearly impossible.
>

>> Am I the only one who begins to see DFSG#4 as a slippery slope?
>

> Am I the only one who remembers what the "G" stands for?

Here here!

Some of these pseudo-legal philosophical debates on the
interpretations of the DFSG completely miss the strategic nature of
certain aspects of the free software movement. In this case; that
fonts are particularly hairy and need strange requirements to be
useful to the free software movement.

Happy hacking,
Jeff