IEEE copyrighted files in vhdl tools

Hi,
I've filled an ITP[1] on a freehdl. The upstream authors licensed it as
GPL, but I've found in the source tarball one vhdl header file
( ieee/numeric_bit.vhdl), with this copyright message:

#############################
-- Copyright 1995 by IEEE. All rights reserved.
--
-- This source file is considered by the IEEE to be an essential part of
the use
-- of the standard 1076.3 and as such may be distributed without change,
except
-- as permitted by the standard. This source file may not be sold or
distributed
-- for profit. This package may be modified to include additional data
required
-- by tools, but must in no way change the external interfaces or
simulation
-- behaviour of the description. It is permissible to add comments
and/or
-- attributes to the package declarations, but not to change or delete
any
-- original lines of the approved package declaration. The package body
may be
-- changed only in accordance with the terms of clauses 7.1 and 7.2 of
the
-- standard.
--
-- Title      : Standard VHDL Synthesis Package (1076.3, NUMERIC_BIT)

##############################

This file is needed to use any vhdl compiling/simulation tool, and I've
later noticed that ghdl [2], already accepted in Debian, contains more
vhdl headers, and even body vhdl copyrighted files that are delivered as
binary libraries, i.e. object files. I've filled a bug[3] trying to
clarify ghdl situation too.
So, in short, I'm not legally expert at all, and specially if the text
is not in my native language, so I would like to know if somebody could
help me to clarify the situation of:
- uploading freehdl (with one vhdl header) to  main (noticing the ieee
copyrighted file in debian/copyright)
- uploading it to non-free
- how this can affect to ghdl, already in main and ready to be released
with Etch.

Thanks in advance,
José L.

[2] http://packages.debian.org/stable/source/ghdl