Re: Python Software Foundation trademark policy

Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org> wrote:
> [...] This is a complete, standalone,
> unqualified sentence, and therefore applies to all commercial
> distribution, including people selling Debian CDs.

Well, it applies to all commercial distribution which uses the
Python trademark.  None of the
"Artwork for Debian CDs" http://www.uk.debian.org/CD/artwork/
use the Python trademark, as far as I can see.  Commercial
distributors making their own packaging should beware trademarks,
as in all other labelling and promotion.

What is the trademark infringement here?  If you've spotted a problem
with a particular vendor's CDs, please tell them before it hurts.

Remember, I think the Mozilla problem is their bizarre
trademark+non-free-copyright dual defence attempt.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef