Re: NetBeans ITP [was Re: CDDL]

        Hi,

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006, Tom Marble wrote:
> Once the the full JVM is available under GPL then running applications
> on top of it *are* compatible with any license as this was the specific
> rationale for adding the Classpath exception [1].

 I think it can even go in "contrib" if it ends up being considered
 free, which is the place for free software which requires non-free
 software.  It doesn't change a lot for the autobuilding of the Netbeans
 package which is probably "arch: all", but it would mean it is in
 Debian proper (the "non-free" section is not part of Debian, it's just
 supported on a best-effort basis).

 It sounds like you are not aware that Daniel Baumann already uploaded
 Netbeans with "Section: contrib/devel" in the diff.  You can watch
 packages pending reviewal by the Debian Ftp Masters in the NEW queue
 at:
    <http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html>
 And Daniel Baumann explained he uploads all packages on his personal
 repository as well, so you can check the .diff.gz of his proposed
 package at:
    <http://archive.daniel-baumann.ch/debian/packages/netbeans/5.5-1/>
 (where you should find debian/control with the Section:)

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
  "You see, killbots have a preset kill limit.  Knowing their weakness,