Re: Sun has an ombudsman

Mark Wielaard wrote:
I would like to
encourage people to email him whenever they spot things like the
"nuclear clause" in packages from Sun which prevent them going into
main.

I thought the nuclear clause was merely an observation, and thus not a restriction? I.E. Java is not licensed for use in a nuclear power plant in the same way that I'm not licensed to drive a truck, or to operate a public house.

While poorly phrased (especially when read from the context of someone who deals with licenses all day), is the possibility that it could be misinterpreted sufficient to be a discrimination against a field of endeavour? Would a simple 'Yeah, we meant license-as-in-certification' statement from Sun suffice?

--
Lewis Jardine
IANAL, IANADD, IANARepresentativeOfSun