Re: rocks-n-diamonds

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 09:51:35 +0100 Amaya wrote:

> Francesco Poli wrote:
[...]
> > The non-free data could be distributed in non-free, to the extent
> > they are legally redistributable by Debian.  Otherwise, they must be
> > downloadable via script from a server that has actually permission
> > to (re)distribute them.
>
> Fantastic. But I don't think it will be needed. It takes a bit to
> clarify all the non-free bits, as happened to Tuxtype and Tuxmath, and
> many other games, but it is finally sorted out. Not in time for Etch
> in this case, I am afraid.

Well, of course what I said holds for the current situation.

You are encouraged to try and clarify the licensing status of any
problematic file, taking the opportunity to persuade upstream to
relicense in a DFSG-free manner, whenever possible.

> In some cases, the non-free data is even easily replaced with free,
> distributable data. We have this problem with the game community and
> the people in Debian Games take care of this.

And of course, replacing non-free parts with DFSG-free equivalent parts
is always an option!

--
But it is also tradition that times *must* and always
do change, my friend.   -- from _Coming to America_